Health Certificates – Travel (USDA)

When travelling with your pet(s), there may be animal health requirements specific for that destination. As soon as you know your travel details, contact us and we can assist with the pet travel process. Factors to consider may include meeting time frames for obtaining a health certificate, updating vaccinations, diagnostic testing, or administration of medications/ treatments.

pet travel

If you plan to travel with your pet, each Country may have specific health requirements that must be met before your pet can enter the country. Since export requirements are determined by each country and can change frequently, every time you plan pet travel you will need to verify the export requirements. Please note that airlines may have separate and additional requirements. Check with your airline to determine what requirements they may have, if any.

The process for taking a pet bird or other exotic animal out of the United States may involve multiple agencies including USDA APHIS Veterinary Services (VS), and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS). It is critical that you meet ALL requirements for each of these agencies prior to export.

The United States Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service has a website which addresses all forms of travel and the associated requirements: Click here:

Please call us to schedule an appointment & advise the staff you are seeking a Health Certificate for travel, We can walk you through our process.